Street address: Rail Academy Newport, Shea Street, Newport, VIC, 3015
Contact number: 0436 640 118
Fax: (03) 9619 7028
Email address: LXRP-RAN@levelcrossings.vic.gov.au
Melways Reference 55 J6
Rail Academy Newport is located within walking distance of public transport links by bus and train.
The nearest train stations are Newport Station, serviced by the Werribee and Williamstown train lines, and North Williamstown Station, serviced by the Williamstown train line.
The following bus services operate in the area, with stops at Newport and North Williamstown stations:
- Route 415 Laverton–Williamstown
- Route 432 Newport–Yarraville
- Route 471 Sunshine–Williamstown
- Route 472 Moonee Ponds–Williamstown
Pedestrian access from bus stops and train stations is a short walk.
- Newport Station (Williamstown and Werribee train lines) to Rail Academy Newport is a two-kilometre walk.
- Leave the station via the exit nearest Platform 1 and turn left to walk along Market Street, past the Newport Substation building on your left and the Bryan Martyn Oval on your right.
- Continue to Champion Road, turn left and cross the railway line.
- Walk about 200 metres and turn left into Shea Street, sign posted ‘Rail Academy Newport and Newport Drivers Depot’.
- North Williamstown Station (Williamstown train line) to Rail Academy Newport is a two-kilometre walk.
- Leave the station via the exit nearest Platform 1 and turn right walking along Champion Road, past the Steam Rail Victoria Museum, Downer Train Maintenance and Metro Trains Melbourne sites on your right.
- Turn right into Shea Street, sign posted ‘Rail Academy Newport and Newport Drivers Depot’.
Vehicle access is via Shea Street, off Champion Road, with car parking available on site for students and trainers.